[openssl-project] Code Repo

Tim Hudson tjh at cryptsoft.com
Tue Mar 20 14:27:13 UTC 2018

We have been holding off on post-1.1.1 feature development for a long time
now - on the grounds that TLSv1.3 was just around the corner etc and the
release was close - and then we formed a release plan which we pushed back
a week.

It is long overdue that we get to start moving those other things forward
in my view.
We had planned to start moving around a pile of stuff for FIPS related
items - and keeping master locked for API changes really works against that.

There are a large range of PRs which we pushed off as
must-wait-for-post-1.1.1 and those are things that remain stalled as long
as we keep master locked down.

The release for 1.1.1 should be pretty close to "complete" as such -
looking at the plans - as with no new features going in the work remaining
should be relatively staight forward.
Rich's suggestions I think tend to indicate more  work going into the
release that planned - and we had said we were creating this branch - and
deviating from that at the last minute isn't really how we shuold be making
decisions as a project.
Some stuff that would normally be in a banch now isn't ... as Richard noted
in the PR.

Tim.