[openssl-project] build/test before merging

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Wed May 23 15:35:07 UTC 2018

My vision is a more versatile tool (say: ghtool) with separate subcommands as building blocks to simplify common subtasks:

    ghtool {checkout,rebase,squash,addrev,push} ...

This tool could support the concept of a "current pull request" by using a naming convention for the local branches:  'ghtool checkout xxxx' could fetch and checkout to branch pr-xxxx, after which the following commands 'git rebase', 'git addrev', etc. could use the branch name as indicator for the current branch. This would make it possible to implement 'ghtool addrev' such that one neither has to provide --prnum=xxxx nor a commit range.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to follow my vision yet. Also, it would have been easier for me to do it in Python than in Perl.

Matthias