[openssl-project] OpenSSL 3.0 and FIPS Update

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Thu Feb 14 17:39:41 UTC 2019

On 14/02/2019 16:26, Zeke Evans wrote:
> Can you give any guidance on which platforms will be validated with the OpenSSL
> FIPS 3.0 module?  My recollection is that it will only be a handful of
> platforms.  It would be helpful to have an idea which platforms will and will
> not be included.  Any additional information about how other platforms can be
> validated would also be helpful.

We haven't yet published the list of platforms that we will be validating. It
will at least include a Linux based platform and a Windows based one as well as
several others.

We won't be offering the service to add new platforms onto our own certificate,
but you should be able perform your own validation for your own platforms based
on ours (I forget the correct FIPS term for this...perhaps someone more FIPSy
than I am can chip in).

Matt