AW: VOTE Apply PR#9084 reverting DEVRANDOM_WAIT

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Fri Jun 7 18:11:33 UTC 2019

> The reason I think nothing will change is that the problem is
> already solved, use getentropy()/getrandom().

I agree completely.

> The init system would
> need to create this kind of service, and then all software not using
> getentropy()/getrandom() would need to depend on that service. It

FWIW: systemd already has a service for saving and restoring a random seed.
If I understood Tomas correctly, the saved seed is added to the random pool,
but without crediting any entropy to it (which sounds reasonable to me).

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-random-seed.service.html

Matthias