Monthly Status Report (August)

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Sep 6 10:12:59 UTC 2019

As well as normal reviews, responding to user queries, wiki user
requests, OMC business, handling security reports, etc., key activities
this month:

- Fixed an SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS bug
- Added documentation for the provider Key Exchange operation
- Modified evp_test to run the cipher and digest test files in FIPS mode
- Fixed a bug in the ECDSA_SIG docs
- Fixed a bug in BN error reporting
- Fixed no-ec
- Fixed no-filenames
- Fixed enable-ec_nistp_64_gcc_128
- Fixed an OPENSSL_init_crypto deadlock (which fixed no-engine)
- Fixed a bug to ensure that RSA PSS correctly returns the right default digest
- Proposed a solution to verify that an EVP_CIPHER_CTX_set_key_length() call has
worked (ongoing)
- Fixed bug to ensure that if we are multiblock capable we actually use that
capability
- Fixed problems with OPENSSL_CTX locking
- Fixed a documentation bug in ec.h
- Fixed no-ec (again)
- Fixed no-poly1305, no-siphash and no-blake2
- Fixed no-cmac
- Fixed no-des
- Fixed no-engine (again)
- Updated the fuzz README to document the new "no-module" requirement - also
made associated updates in run-checker to provide no-module where appropriate
- Investigated reported failure in DESX
- Fixed a bug in pkeyutl -verifyrecover