Cherry-pick proposal

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Apr 29 12:08:44 UTC 2020

The OTC have received this proposal and a request that we vote on it:

I would like to request that we do not allow cherry-picks between master
and 1.1.1-stable because these two versions are now very different, if a
cherry-pick succeeds, there is no guarantee that the result will work.
Because we have no CI for the cherry-pick. If a cherry-pick is needed, a
new PR for 1.1.1 should be done and approved independently.

Before starting a vote I'd like to provide opportunity for comments, and
also what the vote text should be.

Thanks