OpenSSL Logo (was: New GitHub Project Landing Page)

Paul Yang kaishen.yy at alipay.com
Thu Feb 27 09:57:05 UTC 2020

As far as I know the original intended logo is not the HelveticalNeue-Light one (the one currently on openssl.org).

Long time ago someone has designed a logo with the font similar to the one I printed on the stickers and that logo has also been used in some other places during that time. I think you can still found that version on Goolge.

But the original high resolution version of that logo was lost for unknown reason. So the openssl.org <http://openssl.org/> has no choice to use a text-based version of the logo, with the HelveticalNeue-Light font.

The logo in the ‘.ai’ file I mentioned previously is actually one reissued version of the 'correct-but-lost’ version. It was created by ‘hand-imitating’ the low-resolution image files found on Google…(that was in around 2018 IIRC and I asked a BaishanCloud UED guy to help on the reissue task ;-).

Regards,

Paul Yang