OpenSSL Logo

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Feb 28 02:51:21 UTC 2020

The design of the logo was deliberately changed back in (I think) 2015.

The OMC have access to the logo in .xcf, .psd and .png formats.

The new logo had these notes associated with it:

This is the official OpenSSL logo.

It was created in Adobe Photoshop 8.0 with the fonts Adobe Palatino
Bold (for "Open"), Bitstream Gothic 725 Bold (for "SSL") and Tahoma
(for "TM" and "Cryptography and SSL/TLS Toolkit"). Its original size
is 30x10cm with a resolution of 300dpi, hence it is suitable for good
quality printing in A4 paper. Higher resolution versions can be created
easily by loading it into Adobe Photoshop and just resizing to the
required size and/or resolution. This is possible because the text is
not rasterized and both the inner bevel and drop shadow effects are
reapplied automatically. Similarily, all elements are on separated
layers, so they can be switched on/off individually. For processing the
image under Unix, load it into The Gimp 2.0. But keep in mind that you
need the above three fonts installed in other to change the original
source.

Matt