Legacy provider

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Wed Jan 15 20:07:54 UTC 2020

Hi Pauli,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 09:34:40PM +1000, Dr Paul Dale wrote:
> The OMC vote is closed.
>
> The vote text being:
>
> The legacy provider should be disabled by default in 3.0
>
> With the clarification that "disabled" in this context means "not loaded”.
>
> The vote passed (two for, one against, four abstain)

It's good to have a decision here, but I'm kind of worried about the four
abstains -- it's easy for me to leap to a conclusion that the individuals
in question just didn't want to to spend the time to come to a considered
position, even though this issue has substantial potential impact for our
userbase.  I'm trying to not make faulty assumptions, so some greater
clarity on the circumstances would be helpful, if possible.

Thanks,

Ben