[OTC VOTE PROPOSAL] Fixing missing failure exit status is a bug fix

Nicola Tuveri nic.tuv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:33:06 UTC 2020

Uhm, thanks Kurt! I think you have a point here, "unrecoverably" might
be a poor choice.

Do you have a proposal to qualify these cases in general? Or a better
way to rephrase it?

I wasn't happy with "In the context of the OpenSSL apps, we qualify as
bug fixes the changes to return a failure exit status when a called
function fails." (i.e., omitting unrecoverably or a better term): it
is not uncommon to have function failures that are intended to be
handled, taking a different course of action.

@tjh, as the main driver of a more generic vote like this, do you have
a better vote text proposal?

Nicola