Monthly Status Report (November 2021)

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Fri Dec 3 14:40:10 UTC 2021

My key activities this month were:

- triage of newly reported issues and responding to questions
- participation on the OTC meetings
- participation on the QUIC design meetings
- created proposal for API changes allowed in minor releases
- finally succeeded in ordering the HPE Proliant server via the
SpaceNET

- reviews of various PRs:
  - I've reviewed about 65 PRs this month
  - Notable PRs reviewed:
    - BIO_s_connect(): Enable BIO_gets() #16030
    - X509: Fix handling of AKID and SKID extensions according to
configuration #16342
    - Add integer overflow helper functions #16930
    - Fix some threading issues #16980
    - Support different R_BITS lengths for KBKDF #17063
    - Avoid loading of a dynamic engine twice #17073

- submitted 7 PRs:
  - In particular:
    - do_sigver_init: Allow reinitialization of an existing operation.
#16964
    - Add null digest implementation to the default provider #17016
    - d2i_PublicKey: Make it work with EC parameters in a provided key
#17065

There was 1 day national holiday and I was also somewhat slowed down by
getting the COVID19 disease. Fortunately it was quite light but it
impacted my work anyway.

--
Tomáš Mráz
                                              Turkish proverb