OpenSSL seeks feedback on draft mission & values statement

Stephen Farrell stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Mar 31 23:46:15 UTC 2023

Hiya,

A question (hence sending to -users) and a comment (hence
sending to feedback too:-)

- Q: Will the feedback received also be published? Seems like
a good idea to do that (and consistent with the draft text).
I'd be fine if that were done including or excluding any spam
submissions.

- comment: I'm not sure if it belongs in a mission statement
but I'd opine that the project could do with some better way
of handling some experimental work, e.g. I'm working on a
fork for ECH, others exist for e.g. PQC stuff. In itself
that's probably too fine-grained a thing to put in a mission
statement, but maybe some nod to a goal of timliness for
features that are widely agreed to be desirable for future
releases could be useful.

Cheers,
S.