[openssl-users] OpenSSL with 64bit Instruction-Set and libraries for Windows?

Jeremy Farrell jeremy.farrell at oracle.com
Fri Dec 5 13:47:41 EST 2014

I'm not sure what you're missing, but 64-bit Windows (both x64 and Itanium) has been working fine for many years (since early in the 0.9.8 series at least). Shining Light ship an x64 binary package. Many of the comments in INSTALL.W64 are out of date.

I use a site-specific build process with unusual tools, but it's based closely on INSTALL.W64. What command sequence are you using exactly? I don't understand "The compiled libraries remain being build against the 32-bit versions"; do you mean that you are doing a shared build, but the resulting DLLs are 32-bit?

Regards,
                jjf