[openssl-users] OpenSSL performance issue

Dr. Stephen Henson steve at openssl.org
Fri Dec 19 16:36:55 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014, Dave Thompson wrote:

> [...]

I'm not aware of any version of OpenSSL that generates DH parameters on the
fly. If no DH parameters are set then ephemeral DH ciphersuites are disabled.

It's a similar story for ECDH. OpenSSL 1.0.2+ supports "auto ECDH" which
will look up ECDH parameters on the fly but that's just look up which is a
cheap operation.

Steve.