[openssl-users] OpenSSL Release Strategy and Blog

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Dec 25 02:23:43 UTC 2014

> What I'd find useful would be a branch for me to test with

Well, the release doc says our goal is year-end release with a previous mid-year.  Once 1.0.2 goes out, I would assume that 'master' will get a lot of activity in that area, and you can try with that.

>Note that I think the goal of minimising the exposed api rather than having people using the implementation details is a good thing long term, despite the fact I'm sure it'll cause me short term pain maintaining code using openssl.

Thanks.  We know it's going to be inconvenient, which is why we're announcing it early and I expect we'll be having an ongoing discussion with the community about it. But the basic concept is set.