[openssl-users] Fwd: Itanium problem

Dr. Stephen Henson steve at openssl.org
Fri Apr 17 15:13:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015, John Foley wrote:

> I'm impressed you were able to do a FIPS build for Windows x64.  I
> didn't think this was possible.  ;-)

WIN64 uses PIC and there aren't any relocation issues so in some ways it's
less trouble than WIN32.

> This looks like the hash that FINGERPRINT_premain() spits out when the
> signature hasn't been embedded into the binary.  You may want to confirm
> the signature is embedded during the build process.

Yes that's the cause. Itanium wasn't a platform that was specifically included
during the validation so the build system might not handle it properly and the
result most likely wouldn't be validated anyway.

Do normal WIN64 binaries work?

Steve.