[openssl-users] SSL Signalling

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Sun Aug 16 17:38:29 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 02:44:54PM +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:

> We wish to exhange data over sockets in embedded-environments, and
> unfortunately can't afford to use the de-facto openssl implementation,
> which I believe uses dynamic memory allocations/deallocations in its code
> (we intend to deploy our solution using bare-metal C, in environments where
> even no RTOS are available).

Why do you want to use TLS?  Is this a closed communication protocol
only betweent these devices?  Or do you need this to interoperate
with with other TLS clients or servers?

For closed environments, there are simpler secure communications
options than TLS, DJBs crypto box comes to mind:

    http://nacl.cr.yp.to/features.html
    http://nacl.cr.yp.to/box.html

--
	Viktor.