[openssl-users] SSL Signalling

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Mon Aug 17 06:14:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:25:47AM +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:

> Yes, we need our (embedded-)clients to talk to our TLS-server.

The protocol is documented at:

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5246

However you SHOULD NOT attempt to write your own TLS implementation.
This is much too difficult, even for experts.

> So, in the interim, I will be grateful if you guys could let us know the
> generic native SSL-signalling steps (if at all there are any steps that are
> independent of the TLS-Algorithm and Cipher-Suite).
>
> I know I sound incredibly clueless, kindly bear with me ...

Peter Gutmann's cryptlib supports various embedded devices, and
seems to not require dynamic memory allocation.  Perhaps you should
license that:

    http://www.cryptlib.com/
    http://www.cryptlib.com/security-software/embedded-systems

--