[openssl-users] i2d and d2i fucntions

Dave Thompson dthompson at prinpay.com
Mon Feb 16 18:23:46 UTC 2015

Not as such. But you do need to correctly handle truncating a hash
to be signed/verified that is longer than the key size, both in bits,
as shown in OpenSSL's implementation in ecs_ossl.c.

That case will occur for TLS1.2 if SHA512 is offered and chosen for the
hash and the key in use is a 384-bit key, which your previous questions
have suggested. That case will only occur for 1.0 and 1.1 only if using
a key too small to be secure, which obviously you shouldn't do.