[openssl-users] Blank pages in FIPS 2.0 user guide

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Fri Feb 20 17:30:24 UTC 2015

On 02/20/2015 10:52 AM, John Foley wrote:
> Appendix E.2 in the FIPS 2.0 users guide
> (https://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-2.0.pdf) contains blank
> pages on pages 134-136.  Is this intentional?  It appears the iOS build
> instructions starting on page 133 are incomplete.

John, I can tell you without looking that there are no intentionally
blank pages in the FIPS User Guide.

I am seriously remiss in updating that document. Among other things the
build process for iOS has changed significantly as of 2.0.9, thanks to
some elegant work by Andy Polyakov.

It's on my list... a long list unfortunately. At the moment any spare
time I have available for FIPS issues is spent addressing yet another
existential threat to the open source based validations.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.