[openssl-users] Need help encrypting my ca.key

jack seth bird_112 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:25:21 UTC 2015

Well I ran the command
openssl asn1parse -in ca.key

I got a bunch of numbers, a hex dump, and something that says 'rsaEncryption' but I don't see anything that looks like ASN.1, DER or PEM.  You were right that I want the output to stay the same as the original.
My key is human readable.  It does have MII at the start but it also has ----Begin Private Key---- at the beginning.  Any more steps to follow to find out what type of key this is?