[openssl-users] [openssl-announce] OpenSSL version 1.0.1k released

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Fri Jan 9 12:38:13 UTC 2015

On 09/01/2015 04:32, Dongsheng Song wrote:
> test failure on custom build:
>
> perl Configure ^
>      no-comp no-dso no-idea no-ssl2 no-ssl3 no-psk no-srp ^
>      --prefix=D:/var/pool/openssl-win32 ^
>      VC-WIN32
>
> D:\var\tmp\openssl-1.0.1k>nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak
>
> D:\var\tmp\openssl-1.0.1k>nmake -f ms\nt.mak test
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 12.00.21005.1
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>          cd out32
>          ..\ms\test
> rsa_test
> PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
> OAEP encryption/decryption ok
> PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
> OAEP encryption/decryption ok
> PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
> OAEP encryption/decryption ok
> PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
> OAEP encryption/decryption ok
> PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
> OAEP encryption/decryption ok
> PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
> OAEP encryption/decryption ok
> destest
> Doing cbcm
> Doing ecb
> Doing ede ecb
> Doing cbc
> Doing desx cbc
> Doing ede cbc
> Doing pcbc
> Doing cfb8 cfb16 cfb32 cfb48 cfb64 cfb64() ede_cfb64() done
> Doing ofb
> Doing ofb64
> Doing ede_ofb64
> Doing cbc_cksum
> Doing quad_cksum
> input word alignment test 0 1 2 3
> output word alignment test 0 1 2 3
> fast crypt test
> ideatest
> 'ideatest' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> problems.....
I guess it then has no idea what that test is (hint, hint).

The Windows build scripts (unlike the POSIX build scripts)
are not completelyadapted to the configured build options,
and thus include tests for featuresyou have decided not
to build.

This is because the syntax differences between POSIX make
and Microsoft nmake are too big to automatically do a
complete translation inside the Configure.pl script.  So
the script cheats and reads out the primary lists of
files to compile and thenjust outputs simplistic nmake
makefiles (such as nt.mak and ntdll.mak) based on those
lists.

Enjoy

Jakob
--