[openssl-users] Can OpenSSL applications/utilities use SunSPARC crypto accelerators?

Aaron wangqun at alumni.nus.edu.sg
Mon Jul 20 01:24:48 UTC 2015

Hello Misaki,

Thanks for your response. What you pointed out is exactly what I thought
previously.

However my test showed that OpenSSL command utility 'openssl' built by my
from OpenSSL 1.0.2d source code does NOT utilize the crypto accelerator
provided in Sun SPARC Solaris 11.1. I tested the default 'openssl' installed
in Solaris 11.1 to verify that the machine on which I run my 'openssl' does
have the accelerator. I listed my test results in my previous messages.

Now my question is if I need build utility 'openssl' with some special
option to utilize the crypto accelerator?

Thanks again,
Aaron