[openssl-users] compile error

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Thu Jul 23 14:44:50 UTC 2015

On 23/07/2015 10:47, Song Geng wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am a novice about openssl. I encounter linker error when I try to
> compile evp demos which locate openssl/demos/evp.
>
> My computer info is:
> Darwin Kernel Version 14.4.0: Thu May 28 11:35:04 PDT 2015;
> root:xnu-2782.30.5~1/RELEASE_X86_64
>
> And I use both gcc and clang with command “cc -g -Wall -I../../include
> -lcrypto aesgcm.c" to compile the source code.
>
> The error info shows:
>  "_EVP_aes_256_gcm", referenced from:
>  _aes_gcm_encrypt in aesgcm-093314.o
> _aes_gcm_decrypt in aesgcm-093314.o
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> Please help me. I will be very appreciate.

Try adding a compiler option to also take libraries
from the local copy of OpenSSL (I assume you did
build OpenSSL itself first).

Without such an option, you might be accidentally
linking against a too old libcrypto from Apple.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com