[openssl-users] Verifying a signature - format problems

Andrew Carpenter andrewcarp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:32:06 UTC 2015

Hello,
    I am trying to verify a signature using
EVP_digestVerifyInit/Update/Final, and I keep getting the errors
ASN1_get_object:too long or ASN1_CHEKC_TLEN: Bad Object Header or Wrong
Tag, and finally ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I: Nested asn1 error.  I believe that these
errors indicate that the formatting on my signature is incorrect.
    So my question is: What format should the signature file be in? base64?
DER? PKCS7? raw binary?  Specifically I am talking about the function
EVP_DigestVerifyFinal(), What format should the *sig parameter be in?  The
DiestVerifyInit and DigestVerifyUpdate are working with no errors, so I
have narrowed it down to this function.
Thanks,

--
Andrew Carpenter,