[openssl-users] Building OpenSSL with FIPS crypto Module Linker forking too many processes

OpenSSL Curious mseaborn62 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:38:22 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply and I may be getting closer to the answer. One of the
steps you listed was to do a "make depend" usually did a "make clean" but, i
suppose, i should get the "make depend" working. Using the commands you have
posted the make depend fails to find the "fips.h" file. I see it in the
/usr/local/ssl/fips-2.0/include directory and I have tried "export
FIPSDIR=/usr/local/ssl/fips-2.0" but it still does not pick it up. Is there
an environment variable that I am missing?

Thanks