[openssl-users] OpenSSL support on Solaris 11 (built on Solaris 10)

Atul Thosar atulthosar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:21:31 UTC 2015

​Hi All,

>From archives/google, I understood that the OpenSSL works/supported on
Solaris 11 platform, but in our case, it's a bit different scenario.

Currently, we build OpenSSL v0.9.8zc on Solaris 10 (SunOS, sun4u, sparc)
and it works well on Solaris 10 platform. We use Sun Studio 12 compiler.

We would like to run it on Solaris 11.2 (SunOS, sun4v, sparc) platform w/o
changing the build platform. I mean we will continue to build OpenSSL on
Solaris 10 and run it on Solaris 11.

Has anyone encounter such situation?  Appreciate any help/pointers if this
mechanism will work?

--

BR,

Atul Thosar