[openssl-users] Provisional FIPS 140-2 casualty list

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Thu Jun 18 15:17:12 UTC 2015

If you don't know or care what FIPS 140-2 is then count yourself very
lucky and move on.

I've created a new web page to summarize the current status of the
long-running hostage saga:

  http://openssl.com/fips/aftermath.html

If you use the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module 2.0 (validation #1747), you
should confirm that any platforms you use that module on are among the
survivors.

However, don't panic quite yet if you're using one of the deleted
platforms. I'm pretty sure that the "Big Blob 'o Text" list as currently
posted has several clerical errors that the CMVP will eventually
correct. Also, I expect to receive permission from at least some of the
directly impacted platform sponsors to supply information for revised
platform descriptions. Once those are up, then you can panic.

New developments will be noted in this new web page.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.