[openssl-users] Provisional FIPS 140-2 casualty list

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:36:33 UTC 2015

Hi Steve,

Forgive my ignorance....

>From the previous postings, I *thought* that the validation only
applies to real iron, and [retroactively] was not conferred to the
VMs. But it seems like this list includes real hardware, too:

    12  Ubuntu 10.04 running on Intel Core i5 with AES-NI (32 bit)
(gcc Compiler Version 4.1.3)
    32  Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit) (gcc Compiler Version 4.1.3)
    33  Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) (gcc Compiler Version 4.1.3)

Those caught my eye because I used them in the past (specifically, 12).

What exactly changed? Or where is my disconnect?

Jeff