[openssl-users] Call for FIPS 140-2 stakeholders

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Mon Jun 22 15:27:53 UTC 2015

If you don't know or care about FIPS 140-2 then count yourself very
lucky and move on.

In the same spirit of collaboration that underlies all of the open
source based OpenSSL FIPS Object Module validations, of which the #1747
validation is the latest, some of the stakeholders impacted by the
recent "hostage" issue[*] are discussing possible responses among
themselves. I have been told they would like to reach out to other
"interested impacted customers". We know who some of these are, but
there will be many more users of the #1747 validation on those platforms
we don't know about.

If you are a such a stakeholder and would like to participate in those
discussions please let me know (contact info below) and I'll make the
appropriate introductions.

-Steve M.

[*] see http://openssl.com/fips/aftermath.html

--