[openssl-users] DSA_generate_key() or DSA_print_fp() with passphrase protection

Erik Leunissen elns at xs4all.nl
Sun May 10 15:37:29 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The openssl gendsa command supports passphrase protected generation of
dsa keys.

I'm doing the dsa parameter and key generation, using the C API, using
DSA_generate_parameters(), DSA_generate_key() and DSA_print_fp()

Now, I'd like to write, store the dsa keys and/or parameters in a
passphrase protected fashion like the openssl gendsa command provides.

I could not find any information in the docs about how to handle that.
Have I been overlooking the obvious?

I'd be very grateful for directions about how to handle such passphrase
protection with the C interface.

Thanks in advance,

Erik Leunissen.