[openssl-users] DSA_generate_key() or DSA_print_fp() with passphrase protection

Erik Leunissen elns at xs4all.nl
Sun May 10 16:23:55 UTC 2015

On 10/05/15 17:37, Erik Leunissen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The openssl gendsa command supports passphrase protected generation of
> dsa keys.
>
> I'm doing the dsa parameter and key generation, using the C API, using
> DSA_generate_parameters(), DSA_generate_key() and DSA_print_fp()
>
> Now, I'd like to write, store the dsa keys and/or parameters in a
> passphrase protected fashion like the openssl gendsa command provides.
>
> I could not find any information in the docs about how to handle that.
> Have I been overlooking the obvious?

In the meantime, a search separate from the openssl online documentation
for the above C API's, made me find:

  https://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/pem.html

where I found:

     PEM_write_DSAPrivateKey()

which seems to be what I want.

In order to make that page "findable" from the manual pages for the C
API's DSA_generate_parameters(), DSA_generate_key() and DSA_print_fp(),
I'd suggest to include a link in the respective "SEE ALSO" sections.

Sincerely,

Erik Leunissen