[openssl-users] OS390 Make fail

Hidalgo Eguiagaray, Rafael rhidalgo at indra.es
Thu May 21 13:54:47 UTC 2015

I am trying to install openssl-1.0.2a  in zOS 1.3 .
Configure ran OK, but I am getting :
>>> Makefile: line 263: Defined macro BUILD_CMD=if [ -d "$$dir" ]; then  (      cd $$dir && echo "making $$target in $$dir..." &&  $(CLEARENV) && $(MAKE) -e $(BUILDENV) TOP=.. DIR=$$dir $$target  ) || exit 1;  fi
>>> Makefile: line 264: Defined macro RECURSIVE_BUILD_CMD=for dir in $(DIRS); do $(BUILD_CMD); done
>>> Makefile: line 268: Defined macro BUILD_ONE_CMD=if expr " $(DIRS) " : ".* $$dir " >/dev/null 2>&1; then  $(BUILD_CMD);  fi
>>> Defined macro INCDEPTH=0
make: Error -- FSUM8229 Incomplete rule recipe group detected

I did untar with pax -rf openssl-1.0.2a.tar -ofrom=ISO8859-1,to=IBM-1047.

Any Ideas??

Este correo electr?nico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene informaci?n de car?cter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado que la lectura, utilizaci?n, divulgaci?n y/o copia sin autorizaci?n est? prohibida en virtud de la legislaci?n vigente. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electr?nico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenv?o a la direcci?n electr?nica del remitente.
Evite imprimir este mensaje si no es estrictamente necesario.

This email and any file attached to it (when applicable) contain(s) confidential information that is exclusively addressed to its recipient(s). If you are not the indicated recipient, you are informed that reading, using, disseminating and/or copying it without authorisation is forbidden in accordance with the legislation in effect. If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify the sender of the situation by resending it to their email address.
Avoid printing this message if it is not absolutely necessary.