[openssl-users] What key length is used for DHE by default ?

Nayna Jain naynjain at in.ibm.com
Fri May 22 10:11:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

With the latest logjam attack, as I was trying to verify if my server
(lighttpd) accepts DHE_xxx  ciphers,  I saw that it accepted and I didn't
do any configuration setting done for DH parameters explicitly.

But I couldn't verify what is the key length did it use by default
512/1024/2048 ?

Eg. the one it negotiated was DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256  and for TLSv1.2
protocol ?

Will the key length be different for different protocols like
SSLv3/TLSv1.0/TLSv1.1/TLSv1.2?  If yes , then what for each of them.

Thanks & Regards,
Nayna Jain