[openssl-users] SSL_get_verify_result returning 5 on SSL setup?

Gait Boxman gait.boxman at tie.nl
Fri Sep 4 07:24:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm occasionally getting code 5 from SSL_get_verify_result when
attempting to setup an SSL/TLS connection to an MS Exchange server using
v1.02a.
I checked the source code, which shows it's
X509_V_ERR_UNABLE_TO_DECRYPT_CRL_SIGNATURE, but I can't find where that
is coming from. The error is listed and documented, but not used in the
library anywhere AFAICT.
Can anyone tell me where this value might be set in the process, and
where it is in the code? Could this be an error send back by the server?

Thnx, Gait Boxman.