[openssl-users] SSL_get_verify_result returning 5 on SSL setup?

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Fri Sep 4 14:05:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:24:21AM +0200, Gait Boxman wrote:

> I'm occasionally getting code 5 from SSL_get_verify_result when attempting
> to setup an SSL/TLS connection to an MS Exchange server using v1.02a.

Show the relevant code that returns "5".  Most frequently "5" is
SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, returned by SSL_get_error().  As you note, this
value is never set as the verification result by OpenSSL itself, so
unless you have verify callbacks that change the X509_STORE_CTX
error value, perhaps you're reporting the return value of the wrong
function.

--
	Viktor.