[openssl-users] PKCS7->signerInfo->encryptedDigest not type X509_SIG

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Mon Sep 14 14:39:15 UTC 2015

On 11/09/2015 23:26, Michael Heide wrote:
> Various intermediate certs. Verisign, Symantec, etc.
> But now I see, did't got it before: the root is always "Thawte Timestamping CA" -- using md5WithRSAEncryption.
>
> Example:
> https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1d1bb76575e780123814259eb2dbbf26f1c9035d8f0d4bab682703823b06323f/analysis/
Where can I see the actual file (Not the virustotal
description of the signature), I would need to look
at the actual details to make sense of this.

By the way, whomever signed this seems to be mixing
competing CAs (GlobalSign for the cert, Symantec for
the timestamp).

And this file is very new (July 2015), are you sure
it uses the nonstandard EncryptedDigest calculation?

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com