[openssl-users] PKCS7->signerInfo->encryptedDigest not type X509_SIG

Michael Heide michael.heide at student.uni-siegen.de
Mon Sep 14 15:40:02 UTC 2015

Am Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:39:15 +0200 schrieb Jakob Bohm <jb-openssl at wisemo.com>:

> Where can I see the actual file (Not the virustotal
> description of the signature), I would need to look
> at the actual details to make sense of this.

I think you have to use some kind of a subscription and use their APIs to access their database.

I've searched the web and found:
http://admdownload.adobe.com/bin/live/flashplayer18ax_ha_install.exe
(md5: 0c6b5474223a4b5bf90a46844ed865db)

Seems to be a file with the same criteria here.

> By the way, whomever signed this seems to be mixing
> competing CAs (GlobalSign for the cert, Symantec for
> the timestamp).

Why not? ;-)

> And this file is very new (July 2015), are you sure
> it uses the nonstandard EncryptedDigest calculation?

No, I'm not. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't know.

Regards
Michael