[openssl-users] lib4758cca.bad

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Sep 24 19:52:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 12:50:43PM -0500, neil carter wrote:

> I just completed compiling the openssl-1.0.2d bundle on 64-bit linux (OEL
> 5.8).  I say completed, but I cheated somewhat.
>
> steps:
>
>         ./config --prefix=/usr/local shared no-dso
>         make
>         make install
>
> When I ran the 'make install' the first time, it failed at the 4758cca
> section with several errors  about all of the lib* files in the engines
> sub-directory.

When you disable dynamic shared objects, you also need to disable
engine support.

Try:

    ./config --prefix=/usr/local shared no-dso no-engine
    make depend
    make

(Building with no-engine does not seem to work on the "master"
branch just now, but works for me with 1.0.2 from git, have not
tried 1.0.2d).

--
	Viktor.