[openssl-users] Key Deriviation Function Tests for TLS

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Wed Sep 30 17:17:33 UTC 2015

On 30/09/2015 18:57, Salz, Rich wrote:
>> Speaking just for myself, and not my fellow team mates, I see no upside and
>> a lot of downsides to our hosting of "does not work" code contributions.
>> Especially for FIPS specific code. The originators of that code are free to give
>> it to anyone else at any time; they don't need us to do so.
> Totally agree.  Creating a downstream repo on GitHub (er, I mean a fork) is incredibly trivial to handle.  Even I can do it :)
> And folks on the dev team will appreciate that, having suffered through all my naivete and errors.
Did you miss the detail about the contribution agreement not
granting any rights to third parties until the OpenSSL
Foundation has "published" the contribution.

In other words, if the only license provided in the Pull
request is "this is a contribution", then there is no license
for making that downstream repo.

Also, isn't GitHub located in the country crypto folk always
try to avoid for legal reasons?

Enjoy

Jakob
--