[openssl-users] Fwd: CONGRATULATION____REF#87670

Johann v. Preußen jvp at forthepolls.org
Sat Apr 2 23:29:01 UTC 2016

i guess the reason for my original post was that i was so taken aback by the
fact that the body had so many red flags:
1.) '$1000': this list certainly is about money, but it would seem unlikely that
actual terms not coupled with something like [loss|cost] or the like would seem
improbable;
2.) 'giftcard': seems like a very unlikely discussion element here;
3.) 'shipment': ditto;
4.) 'informations' (sic): i realize this list -- being international in scope --
will not exhibit perfect English usage at all times (even from native English
speakers). however, poor English (even just spell-checked) combined with other
filters could push the score high enough;
5.) links: examples are always very constructive, but it is certainly not much
of an inconvenience to limit active anchors to major sandboxes or even one
operated by openssl; and
6.) obfuscation: the worst and most-telling is the fact the content clearly was
designed to bypass filters by couching the desired message within a highly
unusual number of non-prose, non-technical symbols. in this blatant case  there
was a complete lack of prose and that will just never occur in this list.

this list is active, but a very low-volume one and more intensive body checks
that route questionable entries to some monitoring box would seem to be well
worth the small resource utilization required.

moreover, i do not notice anyone from google's security team(s) chiming in here
and it would seem that good old 'otisevans98' will skate without consequence for
the foray against this list which is entirely about security. perhaps added body
filtering and actual human intervention would serve the desired benefit of
having such intrusions actually result in an abuse complaint to the MTA
operator.<mailto:otisevans98 at gmail.com>

--
Thank you,

Johann v. Preußen