[openssl-users] Is SHA hashing algorithm reversable?

Sugumar sugu.ece28 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:26:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

I going to use SHA256 algorithm for storing my passwords in secure manner.
But after reading some documentations related to SHA i come to know it is
not reversable.
Yes hashing means its not reversable only.
But i saw some online websites giving the original data by reversing the
hash data.
is it possible means what is the security of hashing?
I am totally confused pls clarify my doubt.