[openssl-users] Fwd: CONGRATULATION____REF#87670

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:08:56 UTC 2016

> And anyway, this seems to be a case where the genuine
> operator of an e-mail domain is failing to correctly
> authenticate submissions by their own users, which no
> amount of 3rd party automation (other than blacklisting
> the failing provider, in this case gmail) could stop.

Yeah, I'm guessing there was a vulnerability in one of the other
Google services, and that Google service was allowed to make web-based
email submissions on behalf of the user. Classic injection and failure
to validate sessions or parameters...

I'm also guessing Google fixed it because it has stopped.

Jeff