[openssl-users] It reported verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate in my embedded linux device, when I used the openssl command

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Wed Dec 14 07:51:14 UTC 2016

On 14/12/2016 08:30, 杨俊 wrote:
> Hi openssl-er,
>
> I'm newbie in the openssl.
> Recently, I ported the openssl to my embedded linux device and ran the
> openssl command.
> But there was an error occured.
> I had done google search a lot, but I didn't find the answer.
> My issue is strange, my test steps like below:
> 1. copy the openssl, libs, cacert.pem to the embedded linux platform.

Does cacert.pem contain the CA certificate that issued the certificate for
https://curl.haxx.se ?

In general, the argument to -CAfile should be the concatenation of the PEM
format CA root certificates that your embedded platform wants to trust as
issuing trustworthy certificates for servers you will connect to.

Alternatively, the argument to -CApath should point to a directory
(traditionally named "/etc/ssl/certs") containing:

   One PEM file with each such trusted CA certificate
   The symlinks generated by the c_rehash script (these map simple checksums
     of the certificate names to the file names containing CA certificates
     with names with those checksums, this reduces memory consumption but
     increases disk read operations).

If your embedded file system does not support symlinks, you can instead
rename the PEM files to the names of the symlinks that c_rehash generates
on a more full-blown development computer.

Enjoy

Jakob