[openssl-users] Setting tlsext_hb_pending in OpenSSL 1.1.x

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Mon Dec 19 19:10:31 UTC 2016

> Basically, the SSL structure used to contain tlsext_hb_pending variable. After
> looking up, I found out there is now a function to get the value of 'pending'.
> What I need is to set the value. How can I do that now with 1.1.x?

It seems that when the structures were made opaque, we didn't realize that a settor was needed.

Please open an issue for this.  Or better, a pull request that also includes the doc update :)  We can then much more easily put it in 1.1.0 and master. Missing acessors/settors are bugfixes.

As for checking which version of openssl, see OPENSSL_VERSION #define.