[openssl-users] Linker error when adding new cipher to crypto folder
rschm2 at unh.newhaven.edu
Fri Dec 30 02:38:07 UTC 2016
I am attempting to add a new cipher into the crypto library. I have done the following so far…
1. Added my code to the openssl/crypto folder
2. Created a build.info<http://build.info> for make to compile my code (created this based off of openssl/crypto/dh’s build.info<http://build.info>)
3. Added my cipher name to the list of ciphers to compile in Configure
4. Compiled and installed all code without errors and object files for my new cipher are created in openssl/crypto/mycipher/
5. Created a test.c file that verifies that the library is installed and working properly by generating a MD5 hash of a string
gcc test.c -I/usr/local/openssl/include/openssl/ -o test -lcrypto -lssl -Wall
6. I am able to properly include <openssl/mycipher.h> in my test.c file
However, as soon as I make a call to my cipher in test.c I get a linker error and gcc is unable to find any of my functions.
It seems that the header file I have in the openssl/include folder isn’t being linked somehow to my code in the openssl/cypto folder.
I feel like I’m missing a step here…
Any help is much appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openssl-users