[openssl-users] [openssl-dev] pkeyutl does not invoke hash?

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Thu Jan 14 20:00:09 UTC 2016

On 1/14/16, 14:54 , "openssl-users on behalf of Viktor Dukhovni"
<openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of
openssl-users at dukhovni.org> wrote:

>>On Jan 14, 2016, at 2:52 PM, Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, how about this.  First, remove the NOTES subhead.  Add this to
>>the end of the first paragraph:
>>
>> 	This program does not hash the input data and requires the input data
>> 	to be of the proper size, and must not be greater than the size of
>> 	the public key field or modulus.  See dgst(1) for a unified
>> 	Interace.
>
>Sounds good, s/Interace/interface/

It’s shorter than I’d prefer (so maybe you’d agree to add some words about
WHY the digest is specified even though it is not invoked, to make it less
puzzling to the uninitiated :), but it covers the essentials. :-)