[openssl-users] Symbol(s) not found _TLSv1_2_method _BIO_test_flags

Dan S danchik at rebelbase.com
Sat Jun 11 02:56:52 UTC 2016

I've also tried 1.0.2g and same problem on osx.  Little more details: on pc
the expected symbol (_TLSv1_2_method) is in the ssleay32.lib as expected

on mac (and this is specifically on 10.5 and 10.6 Darwin i386) it builds
two libs:

libcrypto.a and libssl.a (the undefined symbol is showing up in libssl.a
but as undefined in lib itself) using `nm libssl.a`:

libssl.a(s23_meth.o):
       U _TLSv1_2_enc_data
       U _TLSv1_2_method

and later
libssl.a(t1_meth.o):
                 U _TLSv1_2_enc_data
00000000 T _TLSv1_2_method
000001c0 s _TLSv1_2_method_data.16176

it seems there is an object maybe missing from when it was linked.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance