[openssl-users] Problem revoking a Cert

Virginia Older volder at volumeintegration.com
Tue Jun 21 17:19:39 UTC 2016

I am trying to revoke a cert but I am getting the following error:
openssl ca -revoke test.crt
Using configuration from /etc/pki/tls/openssl.cnf
Enter pass phrase for /etc/pki/tls/vaCA1/signing-ca.key:
unable to load certificate
139933357430600:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start
line:pem_lib.c:703:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE

I was having trouble getting the cert to work in the browser, I created
another to test it and it worked but some of our applications need the CN
to match the person's username so I need to revoke the cert I was having
problems with to create another.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I don't do a lot of certificate
management so please let me know if there is more information I can provide.

--
You learn that you don’t have any real freedom without real discipline.
-Alan Rickman