[openssl-users] How to encode text request of 'req -text -noout''s output?

Matthew Donald matthew.b.donald at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:04:08 UTC 2016

The file ca.csr is already readable by an application.  It is a PEM-encoded
ASN.1 formatted file.

You can use the openssl library calls to decode the CSR and extract
individual fields.  The printed output of the -text option is generated by
X509_REQ_print_ex() (which you can find in openssl/crypto/asn1/t_req.c).
The code of this routine will demonstrate how to extract the fields you
need.

Matthew